Thursday, June 5, 2008

you heard it here first...

Remember that post I did about fingerprints on your stainless steel appliances?  I directed you to the following microfiber cloths that work like a charm.
Well, it turns out I'm not the only one taking notice of these cloths.  I saw one of my fav blogs, Zrecs, had a post on this yesterday where they linked to a recent article by BusinessWeek.  Here I thought that post I made about microfiber was sort of lame - but guess what?  Lame or not, I posted about them first.  And for a competitive chick like me, that's really all that matters.  Do you think my little blog is getting noticed by the outside world?  Or do you think my family is made up of spies for other blogs and more notable news organizations?  I'm watching you Mom.  I'm watching you Dad.  Sure, your comments seem innocent enough... but I know who's paying you to keep tabs on my content. ;)

OK, reality check.  It's all clearly coincidental.  But nonetheless I feel good about being "in the know" and in a timely manner.  Though I guess Europeans have been using these cloths for 15-some years... but better late than never, right?

One important thing that I clearly was not "in the know" about, however, is just how useful these cloths really are.  I recommended using them on stainless steel but it turns out they are good for just about any cleaning!  It's a great way to clean safely (no chemicals!) and in an environmentally-friendly way!  Now, I'm not saying to use them in your toilet bowl or anything, but these cloths could work great on just about all surfaces.

Check out this blurb from the BusinessWeek article:

"It's one of the greenest products out there. From the research we've done, microfiber cleans and removes dirt and bacteria with water alone. You do not need chemicals," says Judy Klein, director of retail cleaning for Newell Rubbermaid

If you're looking for microfiber, this option seems to be a good deal:

Clean-Rite 7-512 12-Pk Microfiber Cleaning Towels

I know, I know, it doesn't feel clean unless you get high off the chemicals in the process, right?  Well, I dare you to give microfiber a try.  I know I will. 

P.S. I haven't forgotten about my final Digital Scrapping posts I owe ya.  It's a work in progress...

1 comment:

A Crafty Mom said...

Dude!!! I think you're a total blog-setter and I'm saying I saw it FIRST on Tricia's blog :-)
I stumbled upon this blog b/c I read her other blog:
http://www.donmillsdivareviews.blogspot.com/
Check out the Enjo mitt - similar idea and looks very cool! I may have to try it out (Canadian-made and all, woo hoo!).