Friday, July 25, 2008

i'm so NOT hot

You may have noticed I've been absent.  Sam, Sydney and I accompanied Tad on a business trip and made a stop at a water park!  Talk about heaven for Samuel!  Pictures and details on that to come.

For now I'll share a funny story that happened the morning of our departure.

I was driving on a road I rarely drive coming home from dropping our dog off at the kennel, which by the way is more like doggie paradise than kennel club.  Suddenly I notice this guy checking me out.  But he was more than checking me out.  He was watching my car's every move.  Now, normally I'm a VERY modest person in my opinion.  But I must have been in a good mood excited for our trip and feeling extra confident that day as I thought to myself:  "Damn, I'm good.  I can turn a head today with 2 kids in the back seat!"... and then... I see the flashing lights through my rear view mirror.  A cop.  Turns out I'm not all that hot and that guy was simply watching a ditzy lady not notice a cop trying to pull her over.

All is well that ends well though... I guess I was at least looking good enough to just get off on a warning.  And for what it's worth, I was being honest when I told the police officer I thought the speed limit was 40 (I guess it was 30.  oops!).

And shhhh... don't tell Tad.  He doesn't know this story. :)  But Samuel knows I got pulled over so it's only a matter of time before everyone else does too so I might as well let my family and friends get a good laugh out of it.  Tad will get a good laugh too, and then promptly tell me to drive more carefully!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I don't mean to laugh at you, but the way you talk about this is funny.

I am surprised that Samuel hasn't said anything to Tad yet.

Drive Carefully!!

Mom

Phyllis said...

Ahhh....at least for a fleeting moment you *were* hot, right?!?!

I HATE when I get that feeling only to have it blatantly proven otherwise.