Thursday, July 3, 2008

i'm beginning to think i'm bad luck

In the last month I've been to 3 funerals.  Our dear neighbor, a friend's father, and another friend's mother.  And unfortunately there were 2 other recent funerals that I did not attend:  my step-father's brother (who lived in Vegas) and a friend's father-in-law.

Then today I got an email from a dear friend requesting prayers for 2 deaths within her circle of friends and family.

And tonight, our fish died.  Betty the Beta has been with us for a couple years.  She's been sick for a while so I'm sure she is loving being back to her feisty self in fish heaven.

Please don't misunderstand; I know our fish's death should probably not even be mentioned in the same post as death's of people who will be so dearly missed.  But I can't help but feel that I've been surrounded by death lately.  And while most of my sadness surrounds the sympathy I feel for those especially close to the people who have passed, I'd very much like for this trend to cease.

The saying is, "things come in threes", NOT EIGHTS!

Special prayers going out to...
Ginger who lost her husband.  
Amy who lost her Dad.
Angela who lost her Mom.
John who lost his brother.
Heidi who lost her father-in-law.
Jessica who lost her friends.

1 comment:

A Crafty Mom said...

Oh no - what a month Tricia! I hope this is all in the past for you and it's only good things for the rest of the summer.

(((HUGS)))