Friday, July 4, 2008

happy 4th of july!

I hope this post finds you relaxing on the 4th.  We have some friends coming over with their kids and plan to do fireworks right on the beach after a day of playing on the lake, boating & BBQing.  It should be a great time with good company and lots of food as usual.  Good thing our Bowflex is arriving next week.  LOL!

In baby news... after my co-op run I'm stocked up on veggies and fruit and have decided to make Syd some home-made baby food, something I often did for Sam too.  This may be a huge mistake as so far she hasn't taken to ANY food.  I thought she was ready for food because, well, she's almost 7 months old and she has been eyeing the food on my plate for quite some time!  But every time I give her baby food she spits it right back out.  I don't know if she doesn't like it or if she's not ready.  I've tried rice cereal, pears, and avocado.  I had the best luck with the avocado.  But even when she has eaten food, it only came back up a half hour later. *sigh*

Anyway, thought I'd pass along a great site for making your own baby food!  It's much easier than you'd think.  Just whip it up in a blender and freeze in old glass baby food jars or ice cube trays (to be later stored in freezer bags once frozen).

And a few Sam-isms to share:

Anytime he's too little for something I tend to say, "That's for adults only."  Well this morning he said to me, "Mom, I'm an adult; you can be a little boy."

As I was putting sunscreen on him today he said, "Don't frost me like a cake!"

His little imagination just blows me away.  I certainly didn't pass down that trait.

No comments: