Tuesday, July 29, 2008

i guess streaking runs in the family

I decided we needed a day out.  Both the kids and I tend to have a better day if we go do something away from our home.  So we went to the zoo even though it was one of the most humid days of the year.  Luckily the zoo has a new grizzly bear exhibit all decked out with gushing geysers for the kids to run through and cool off.  As Sam and I head to the new exhibit I became slightly distracted as an old friend I hadn't talked to in forever called so I wanted to at least pick up.  As I'm talking I begin to notice a few "looks" (you know, the look from other disapproving parents who would never let THEIR kid do what you let your kid do... wait, maybe I'm the only one that gets those looks).  So I promptly look down at Samuel to find his pants and underwear are around his ankles!  He was so excited to run in the water he decided he better get undressed.  I quickly end my call and got him in his swimsuit, luckily without a fight.

All in all it was a successful trip, despite a melt-down because Sam didn't want to leave.  But little did I know that our streaking for the day was not yet over.  And you can bet your life I would never have guessed I'd be the offender.  And since I guess I don't mind humiliating myself, I'll tell the story.

This afternoon I was nursing Sydney when I got a knock on the door... I'm sure you can see where this is going... Since we NEVER get random knocks and since I knew my neighbor was missing her dog I thought I better answer it.  So I lift Sydney up, cover myself up, and go answer the door.  It was a nice neighbor woman with 4 children she cares for.  We talk for a minute (I learn the dog was found!) when suddenly I feel a cool breeze.  I look down and apparently I had not fully covered myself up like I had thought, exposing my left breast!  Upon realizing my faux pas my face became beat red and I told her how utterly (no pun intended) embarrassed I was.  Luckily she nursed her own children and she was cool about it.  But THOSE POOR POOR CHILDREN.  Gawd I hope I didn't scar them for life.

I have a feeling we won't be getting any more knocks from neighbors.  I'm sure it's only a matter of a day or two before everyone around here knows.  It's really a shame because I was just starting to make friends here!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh no, Tricia! You have me in hysterics...you poor thing! I'm sure the kids didn't even notice, too funny of a story about Sam too! We've been meaning to get back to the zoo to check out that exhibit - I can't believe you went out today, it was SO hot! Good for you!

alicia said...

AAAHHHHHH. I can only imagine how embarassed you were/are. I'm sure that if she said that its okay, then she means it.

I'm LOL at Sam getting undressed at the zoo though. McKenzie did that the other day in the middle of wal-mart. Of course she was throwing a temper tantrum.

Oh and if it makes you feel any better I answered the door once while I was still breastfeeding. McKenzie was latched on and eating away. It was my neighbor too.

Unknown said...

Wow...I really don't know what to say...except....Wow...I can see how that could happen! :) You are a very funny writer....thanks for sharing your stories....keep 'em coming...they make my day!