Sunday, September 28, 2008

these are a few of his favorite things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens?  Nope.  Samuel's favorite things are much more unique.  He has a collection of items he must carry everywhere with him and they each have their own reason, as follows:

His neon yellow froggy swim goggles:  "to protect him from smoke" (he's a fireman, don'tchya know?)

His watch:  Warn ON HIS LEG just above his knee is to protect him from "falling in space".  Who doesn't need that?
A toy egg:  This is his spaceship and he refers to it as such.

A large band:  This is kind of a multi-purpose tool.  Today he used it to cover my eyes to protect them from dust when his dump trucks were driving by.

Occasionally some other "things" (as he calls them) fall into the mix:  My cell phone car-charger (it drives me crazy how he has to have that thing all the time!), his fireman hat, toy hammer, toy screwdriver, and his little rubber bunny.

It's a lot of work to keep track of these things near and dear to Samuel's heart and he'd love to take them everywhere.  Luckily I've been able to avoid taking them on errands because I tell him we certainly don't want to lose his things in the store.  That works like a charm!  The swim goggles and the watch pretty much go everywhere with us but I don't mind since he can wear them.

By the way, did you notice the red discoloration on the pics above.  Well, that awesome new camera I was bragging about had to be returned.  And we suspect we may have been sold a "refurbished" one actually.  I look forward to the new one I'm hoping will arrive soon.




No comments: