Tuesday, December 16, 2008

random stuff overheard at our house

Mommy:  "What does a duck say, Sydney?"
Sydney:  "qak, qak"

Mommy:  "Good clapping, Sydney!"
Sydney:  "qak, qak" (as her hands clap as quick as she can)

Yes, Sydney's first words are quack and clap, both of which sound exactly like the other.  But Mommy knows exactly what she means!

You know what we are hearing in the middle of the night from baby girl?  SILENCE.  Life is good!

Mommy:  "Samuel, what was the best part of your day today?"
Samuel:  "YOU!"
Awwweeee!

Mommy:  "Samuel, what was the worst part of your day today?"
Samuel:  "Sydney didn't make me very happy last day" (past tense is almost always "last day" to Sam).  This little guy is having a hard time letting Syd play with toys.  Any toy she has he suddenly wants.

Samuel:  "Mommy, I'm a farmer, and I ride machines, and I plow the fields and put the animals in the barn.  And that's the story of my life."

Mommy (as I'm putting on make-up):  "What are you going to ask Santa for for Christmas?"
Samuel:  "a machine, or make-up!" (hmmm... maybe we won't tell Dad that one).

Samuel (as he pretended to bite me):  "Mommy, I'm a dinosaur and I just bit your bum, and you can no longer go poopy!"

No comments: